- Full speed ahead: Facilities approved for full funding
Congratulations to the following facilities that have been approved for full funding at Facility Engagement Working Group Meetings.
- Vancouver Physician Staff Association
- Peace Arch Hospital Physician Society
- Nanaimo Medical Staff Engagement Society
- Saanich Peninsula Physician Society
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre Physician Engagement Society
- Vernon Jubilee Hospital Physician Society, Vernon Jubilee Hospital
- Prince George Medical Staff Physician Association, University Hospital of Northern BC
- Burnaby Hospital Medical Staff Physician Society
- Royal Inland Hospital Physician Association
- Royal Columbian and Eagle Ridge Hospital Medical Staff Society
- Cowichan District Medical Society, Cowichan District Hospital
Helpful steps forward
The successful sites, which represent a mix of community and tertiary hospitals, presented their funds readiness checklists with progress and plans to date, and shared some experiences from their startup phase. Here are some insights shared for those in the process of preparing for funding applications:
- Get representation from each department on the Working Group
- Focus on enhancing and/or developing relationships while identifying suitable activities
- Encourage any medical staff to come to a meeting
- Engage with primary care doctors and Division of Family Practice (where appropriate) to tap into existing relationships
- Hold regular meetings/discussions with the Health Authority
- Get ideas and input from members about their concerns and ideas to focus strategies and efforts at engagement events
Thank you to these sites for their insights, hard work and successful efforts to date. We look forward to more facilities coming forward in the months to come with proposals for full funding. For support, contact your Facility Engagement Liaison.
Changes to the Societies Act of BC take effect on November 28, 2016. How will those changes impact societies involved in the Facility Engagement Initiative?
- If you are not incorporated and will not be incorporated until after November 28, 2016 – changes will not apply.
- If you are incorporated or will be incorporated before November 28, 2016 – you will need to transition to the updated Act.
The provincial office is issuing customized instructions to all impacted sites. The Facility Engagement Leads can answer questions and offer further support. We’re working hard to make the transition as painless as possible, so societies can get on with planning local activities.